USW members at US Steel at US Steel Midwest are eligible to participate in the Career Development Program. Participants have the ICD benefit which includes Customized Classes and Tuition Assistance.
Through Tuition Assistance, you may be reimbursed for courses that you take at approved institutions. You can click on the links below to download the forms for Tuition Assistance:
Highlights of Tuition Assistance Includes
- Funds may be used for tuition, required textbooks and course-related lab fees. Funds cannot be used to pay for materials, equipment, or supplies. You may receive a maximum of $2,500.00 per calendar year (January through December).
- Tuition Assistance payments and reimbursements can be made for credit and non-credit courses taken at any approved school. Courses do not have to be job-related.
- Tuition funds cannot be used to pay for courses you fail or drop/withdraw. You MUST submit a copy of your grade/certification of the completion to the Career Development Office upon completion of the course, to be eligible for any further Tuition Assistance Funds.
- For reimbursement, you must show proof of payment and successful course completion.
- Career Development has different providers in the area that are available for Tuition Assistance.
- Once you have these forms downloaded, just fill them out and bring them into the Career Development Center.
Note: Tuition Assistance is available ONLY to eligible active represented employees. It is not available to retirees, spouses, or dependents.