USW members at US Steel at US Steel Midwest are eligible to participate in the Career Development Program. Participants have the ICD benefit which includes Customized Classes and Tuition Assistance.
Through Tuition Assistance, you may be reimbursed for courses that you take at approved institutions. You can click on the links below to download the forms for Tuition Assistance:
Highlights of Tuition Assistance Includes
- Funds may be used for tuition, required textbooks and course-related lab fees. Funds cannot be used to pay for materials, equipment, or supplies. You may receive a maximum of $1800.00 per calendar year (January through December).
- You may be reimbursed (upon proof of completion) for 50% of the tuition costs of correspondence courses up to a maximum of $900.00 per calendar year (applied against the $1800.00 limit).
- Tuition Assistance payments and reimbursements can be made for credit and non-credit courses taken at any approved school. Courses do not have to be job-related. Choose from more than 30 approved schools and training programs throughout Indiana and Chicagoland.
- You must receive a passing grade for all the courses taken. Tuition funds cannot be used to pay for courses you fail or drop/withdraw. You MUST submit a copy of your grade/certification of the completion to the Career Development Office upon completion of the course, to be eligible for any further Tuition Assistance Funds.
- For reimbursement, you must show proof of payment and successful course completion.
- To apply, download the correct form from below, fill out the form and bring it into our office.
Note: Tuition Assistance is available ONLY to eligible active represented employees.
It is not available to retirees, spouses, or dependents.
Click on the links below to download the necessary files.
ICD has negotiated special partnerships to benefit the steelworkers. Click on the links below for the following schools:
- American Business & Technology University
- Columbia Southern University
- DeVry’s Keller Graduate School
- University of Phoenix
Contact your Career Development Office to find out the specific partner discount for each school